(from Downtown Memphis Commission)
A Walkable Art Experience in Downtown Memphis Presented by the Downtown Neighborhood Association and Downtown Memphis Commission
June 1 – 20, 2012
This collaborative project will offer 20 artists from across the region exhibit space in 20 makeshift galleries in active retailers and restaurants throughout Downtown Memphis for 20 days.
Artists in the mid-south area are encouraged to submit proposals for consideration to be a part of this inaugural event. The 20 selected artists will be offered exhibit space in active Downtown restaurants and retail establishments located within a specified walkable distance. Each selected artist will be allowed to exhibit and sell a maximum of 10 pieces in their collection. Artists can keep 100% of the proceeds of art sold and will be required to donate one item to the Downtown Neighborhood Association as part of an online silent auction.
Artists proposals due on March 23. Click here to view the Call for Artist Submissions. Selected artists will be notified on March 30.
- Silent auction pieces will be available for review and bidding on this site starting Friday, May 25.
- The event launch will take place on Friday, June 1 with a large cocktail party for all of the artists, gallery owners, sponsors, volunteers, DNA members, DMC board members and members of the media.
- On Friday, June 1 artists will host opening receptions at designated gallery spaces. Attendees will be provided with a map of all participating gallery spaces.
- Artists will be on-site gallery spaces on Saturday, June 2 from 10 am – 2 pm for public viewing.
- Artists will load out of gallery spaces on June 20.
- Downtown Memphis Commission and the Downtown business community are presenting this event to benefit the Downtown Neighborhood Association, Downtown’s strongest advocacy group for the betterment of Downtown Memphis.
For questions, contact Leslie Gower at 901.575.0561 or email@example.com.
Special thanks to the Thomasville Art Center in Thomasville, Georgia for sharing this concept with us!